Terms and conditions.

We hope the following terms help make the way we work as clear and straightforward as possible for you and us.

 
 
 

Rights and ownership.

Rights — 
All of the services that we offer during the course of a project are for your exclusive use other than for our own self-promotion, for example — featuring in our online portfolio, showreels, publications and exhibitions.

Upon payment of all fees, you’re granted full transferable rights to all the approved final designs both print and web based as well as film, videos and animated content we create during the life of the project — Approved final design, video and animation files you will be supplied are classed as, for example, JPEG's, PNG's, PDF's, MOV's, AVI's, MP4's. This means you can pass on our work for things such as commercial printing, online advertising, showreels, publications and exhibitions. 

Ownership — 
You’ll be entitled to full ownership of all final design, video, animation, website and online content (JPEG's, PNG's, PDF's, MOV's, AVI's, MP4's) created during the project upon full payment of the agreed fee.

As standard practice we'll retain all master design file formats, master video file formats and master web file formats (Ai, InDD, PSD, PPJ, PSQ, AEP). If for any reason you do require copies of all masterfile formats this must be communicated with us, and agreed by all parties prior to the project's start date. If for any reason there is no prior project agreement (if we are working as/or with a third party) we will deem it has been accepted that we'll retain the ownership of all master files at our discretion.

 

Digital files.

Length of storage — 
All final digital files created during the project will be stored for 12 months from the date of supply. After this time all project files will be archived.

File type requirements  — 
If you have specific requirements for how project files must be prepared, please let us know before the project begins.

 

Communication.

Please feel free to email, call or visit us anytime between Monday to Friday — 9am to 5pm. You can find our contact details on our contact page.

Points Of Contact —
· Design Projects: Phil McDonald and Tom Bell. 
· Video Production Projects: Tom Bell and Matt Pritchard.
· Website Projects: Steve Leach and Phil McDonald.

 

Payment schedule.

A non-refundable 25 percent starter payment will be required prior to work commencing (unless otherwise stated and agreed). The project can be scheduled and booked in once we receive the downpayment. The remaining 75 percent is payable upon completion of the project. Or if you would prefer to create a pay per milestone schedule we would be happy to discuss this with you.

 

Delayed payment.

If subsequent invoices are not paid within the specified 21 days, a 5 percent “delayed payment” fee will be charged. This initial 5 percent figure will be added upon each recurring 21 day period until the full amount has been received.

 

Miscellaneous.

Samples —
We will have the right to collect samples of print design that result from the project deliverables for promotional purposes. We’ll have the right to photograph all completed designs or installations for self-promotion purposes.

We'll have the right to host video and animation that result from the project deliverables on our digital platforms for promotional purposes.

We'll have the right to collect samples of web design that result from the project deliverables on our digital platforms for promotional purposes.

Confidentiality — 
Please inform us in an email prior to the project start if any material or information that you provide or if any particular elements of the project is confidential and may require a Non Disclosure clause.

Indemnity — 
You agree to indemnify us from any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damage, lawsuits, judgments, including attorneys’ fees and costs, but only to the extent caused by and arising out of the work we supply.

It’s worth pointing out that our work has never resulted in any legal disputes and we add this indemnity because it’s recommended by design and media organisations.

 

Consensus.

The above terms and conditions will be supplied alongside the first quote in a PDF document. Transfer of the down payment indicates your acceptance of the project terms, conditions and deliverables.